FORMER ATTORNEY GENERAL CANDIDATE, DEMOCRAT TERESA HENSLEY, ENDORSES MARK FOR ST. LOUIS COUNTY EXECUTIVE
As a lifelong Democrat, I wholeheartedly endorse Mark Mantovani as the Democratic nominee and the next St. Louis County Executive. I have known Mark for over 30 years. He’s a great guy, and a proven St. Louis leader. We share the same values. I respect his commitment to the region and believe he is eminently prepared for the job. Please join me in supporting Mark for St. Louis County Executive.
I’m proud to receive the endorsement of 2016 Democratic candidate for Missouri Attorney General, Teresa Hensley, and thank her for her early backing. I have long respected Teresa for her impressive legal mind and for her dedication to protecting those who are most vulnerable in our communities. Her reputation for getting things done by seeking best practices and working collaboratively to solve problems is admirable. She continues to fight to ensure women receive fair treatment before the law and for the Democratic values of serving working families and the middle class …. which I wholeheartedly support.
As Teresa inspires me, so, too, do others along the campaign trail. While our community faces great challenges, I know that we can come together to solve our issues and guide our region to achieve its full potential.
When I meet with St. Louisans from across the region, I am consistently reminded that we need to tap into the experience and best practices of our home-grown leaders — our mayors, our councils, our school boards, our nonprofits, and community leaders. Our next County Executive needs to reach out to seek their knowledge and input.
I have always believed in an open-door style of leadership, whether working with my valued employees at Ansira or convening volunteers to tackle a challenge facing a non-profit organization. And, I believe in reaching across the aisle when necessary for the betterment of our county and its residents.
With that in mind, I would like to connect with you to hear your insights into how we can move our county forward and whether I can count on your support. Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to establishing a dialogue in the days to come.
Out and About:
- Democratic Meetings & Events: From Bonhomme to Jefferson to Hadley, Mark is greeting fellow Democrats at township and club gatherings. It was also great supporting Claire McCaskill and seeing so many Democrats in town for the annual Truman Dinner.
- Upcoming: MOKAN AWARDS DINNER, November 17: Honoring minority business owners and corporate partners who have demonstrated commitment to enhancing the lives of others throughout the region.
- “Mark’s Story” is now online at MarkforSTL.com.
Grant Campbell joins the Mantovani for STL campaign as Senior Strategy Director. Formerly Director of Events and Advance for President Obama and the Obama for America campaign, Grant brings a wealth of experience having managed the production of all public campaign events for the President, Vice President, and First Lady.
INTERN PROFILE: BENJAMIN HARRIS
Benjamin comes to the Mantovani campaign after serving as a Staff Sergeant from 2009 to 2016 in the United States Air Force. Now a senior majoring in political science at Lindenwood University, he is one of our public policy interns.
Benjamin is passionate about serving people and providing them with opportunities toward advancement. He is a member of Lindenwood’s veteran’s association which focuses on enrolling vets at the university, and assists with other campus-related efforts geared toward veterans. Benjamin has also spent time volunteering for St. Louis Arc, an organization whose mission is to “empower people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families to lead better lives.”
IN THE NEWS
Here’s a look at a few key stories shaping our country and Mark’s views:
The slow drip of economic decline: American Airlines will close its St. Louis pilot base. (STLtoday).
- Mark’s View: The County needs a consistent, effective and aggressive economic strategy and strong leadership to prevent disinvestment in the region.
Mall deals raise questions: Glory days gone, Jamestown Mall will be taken over by St. Louis County Port Authority (STL Today) and County stuck with two rents for jobs center moved to St. Ann.(STL Today)
- Mark’s View: To date, there has been no meaningful plan communicated for Jamestown Mall. We hope it’s positive for the community. Meanwhile, the county executive should never have the authority to leverage county contracts for personal or campaign related interests. As county executive, I will implement unbiased and accountable procurement processes that eliminate conflicts of interest.
And discord continues: Amid war in St. Louis County government, council members sue Stenger (STLToday)
- Mark’s View: More dysfunction. This is a time for real leadership . . . leadership for a change.
JOIN OUR CAMPAIGN!