JOIN OUR TEAM!
REGIONAL FIELD ORGANIZER
Mark for STL is hiring full time Regional Field Organizers to build and manage a regional field program in the race for St. Louis County Executive. Organizers will be responsible for executing the field plan within their assigned turf and will report to the Organizing Director. As the local face of the Mark for StL campaign, organizers must possess strong social skills, a desire for change in St. Louis County, the ability to be self-directed and to function independently, and be committed to giving their best effort at all times.
Experience as an organizer is strongly preferred, but training will be held for all staff and those seeking their first job in politics are encouraged to apply.
- Develop regional field plans
- Opening and managing regional field offices
- Identifying, recruiting, training, and managing interns, volunteers, and paid staff to conduct voter contact
- Voter contact including door-to-door canvassing, phone banks, and community events
- Building relationships with local leaders and activists
- Ensure accurate collection and entry of data
- Provide the Organizing Director with quantitative and qualitative reports as part of an ongoing evaluation of the program’s success
- Hit all metrics/goals for volunteer recruitment, voter contact and other program elements.
- At least once cycle of campaign field experience
- Experience with VAN or VoteBuilder
- Understanding of local (St. Louis County) politics
- Existing local political network
- Willingness to work hard and assume a leadership role
- Understanding basic office programs including Google Docs, Word, and Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must have a car, valid driver’s license, personal laptop, and cell phone
- The ability to work evenings and weekends
$3,000 per Month Salary. To Apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Mantovani for STL Campaign is seeking energetic, politically engaged students with strong writing, social media and public relations skills to join our communications team to assist with the campaign’s communications efforts for the 2018 St. Louis County Executive Election. In addition to gaining first-hand experience working on a high-profile political campaign, Communications Interns will have the opportunity to apply classroom learning to a local election and develop networking contacts.
Candidates should be undergraduate (junior or senior) or graduate students in public relations, marketing, communications, or digital communications with strong writing and verbal communication skills.
Experience in social media and proficiency in computer skills including Microsoft Office and other communications tools to deliver key messages is essential. Time commitment: 15-20 hours per week.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are being reviewed as received.
**Send Resume to: email@example.com**
Mantovani for STL is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff. Mantovani for STL is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. Mantovani for STL will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.